WHAT TOPICS CAN YOU EXPECT?
- The regulatory hurdles for the regional markets
- The slow and difficult RES integration in SEE
- The latest gas hub developments
- Developments in LNG and Russian gas
- Plans for new national and regional power exchanges
- The latest on current and future market coupling initiatives
- How technology is erasing the need for exchanges or brokers
Check out the list of confirmed speakers here
Interested in Speaking?
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN AT THE ETCSEE CONFERENCE?
- ETCSEE will again welcome Florian Ermacora, Head of Wholesale Markets, Electricity and Gas at the DG Energy - European Commission, who will comment on the power market design in the light of the Clean Energy Package and the impact of the Quo Vadis study on the gas market design.
- Jasmina Trhulj, Head of Electricity Unit at Energy Community, and Martin Georgiev, Head of Market Bulgaria at Alpiq Energy SE, will engage in a discussion on the energy markets in the SEE countries with questions such as: Why is RES integration that slow and difficult? What is the future of the old thermal power plants? What are the plans for national and regional power exchanges? Market coupling: what will happen? The panel will be moderated by Plamen Popov, Head of Trading South East Europe at Statkraft.
- Turkey will be one of the various countries that will get their own focus session. Under moderation of Servet Akgun, Managing Director at Pure Energy, and Eser Özdil, Secretary-General of PETFORM, a Turkish panel will discuss the Turkish natural gas market and competition from LNG, an update on Turkstream, the effect of gas prices to electricity prices and the new trading dynamics between gas suppliers and IPPs.
- Reconsidering Poland’s energy mix - The focus session will welcome Joanna Maćkowiak Pandera, President of Forum Energii. She will discuss what can we expect from the Polish government on the country‘s energy mix, new market design and how we can end the regulatory mess.
- Intrigue in the SEE region showcased - With contributions from the Energy Community, ENTSO-E, the Bulgarian traders association and several SPOT Exchanges, this session will showcase the developments for the regional and national power exchanges as well as the planned market coupling initiatives.
Questions about the Conference? Contact us!
Phone: +31 346 290 776