The EFET Legal Masterclass is an intensive, across the board training seminar for delegates currently using, as well as delegates now desiring to become familiar with, the EFET General Agreements Concerning the Delivery and Acceptance of Electric Power and Natural Gas. The Master Agreements, and the related EFET library of supplemental documentation, are currently the industry standards employed throughout Europe for the physically settling trade of power and natural gas.
- Learn and understand the history of EFET documents’ development & clarify specific issues with the industry expert on the EFET agreements.
- After attending the Masterclass (and successfully passing the test), you will receive a certificate
- Learn the history of the development of the EFET documents
- Clarify specific issues with the industry expert on the EFET agreements
- Understand why and how certain provisions came to be drafted as they were
- Learn the key risk allocation philosophies and mechanics employed in the drafting of each of the EFET form Master Trading and Credit Support
- documents, as well as all related supplemental Appendices and other related EFET form documents
- Includes discussion on the potential legal consequences of BREXIT
Who should attend?
- Energy trading lawyers (both in-house and in private practice)
- Traders and front office personnel
- Contract negotiators, back-office personnel and contracts administration managers
- Risk and credit managers
- Treasury and similar personnel responsible for collateral administration
- All those who negotiate contracts, document trades and administer trading relationships in the European energy markets
Your Masterclass leader
Dr. Jan Haizmann is a qualified lawyer graduating in Germany, Belgium and the UK (LL.M.). After several years with a commercial German firm, Jan joined the regulatory affairs department of Enron Europe.
Following Enron’s demise, Jan worked as legal counsel and contract manager for several major trading companies. Since 2006 Jan is serving as Chairman of the EFET Legal Committee, which is the Group responsible within the European Federation of Energy Trading (EFET) for developing new standard documentation for physically settled trades in electricity, CO2 and natural gas. Jan Haizmann is the founder of Correggio Consulting, a Brussels based niche consulting firm serving the energy market with focus on regulation and compliance.